What God is Saying

Sing to the LORD; praise his name. Each day proclaim the good news that he saves. Publish his glorious deeds among the nations. Tell everyone about the amazing things he does. — Psalm 96:2-3

Saturday, June 5, 2010

A passionate mom

I wanted to share an email with you from a friend of mine in Korea. She so beautifully expresses the experience of having your heart changed by God...of Him burdening you with an issue that is important to Him, and of how we should respond. Here is her email to me. 


Hi Tania,
 When I saw the title of your blog, moms4missions, I was SO surprised and... I can't even describe how I felt in words. You see, I have made a commitment recently and have been trying to rally other moms in Korea- not to just work with me for the cause that God has stirred in my heart but for something, anything. So many moms are able to do so much and have accomplished so much but we get married, have kids, move to a foreign land, give up our careers and everything we know and we start living here like it's a curse and that we are totally powerless. Well, God has really started stirring my heart for human trafficking and recently revealed to me a way that I can financially support this mission.
So, I've really been led and have been praying for myself as well as the oppressed and also for the moms around me who want to do something but feel very powerless to do so.
I'll share more later!

I am so excited that you've shared this link with me and I feel like this was a part of His Divine plan... to be honest, I've been growing weary with various things going on right now- feeling completely drained, frustrated, angry and even sad. The enemy is definitely trying to take me down and I have to admit that he has been having an effect on me. I realize from your message that God has heard me and He has answered me- He is GLORIOUS!!! Just today, I was praying Psalms 13.

Thank you Tania and I can't wait to go through your site in more detail and to continue to read your updates."



Here is my response to her:


"He is glorious Jeana!!! I am so glad that you gained encouragement from the blog. That is one of the special privileges God has given us, to encourage each other in our faith and in what God is calling us to do. 
You know, human trafficking became a concern of ours after living in Korea and learning more about it...it is especially heavy on Jeff's heart!  
There is so much we moms can do but like you said, I think we begin to feel powerless, like our lives need to be totally consumed by our children and that we really won't have much left over for anything else. But it doesn't have to be that way. I look at the lives of Jesus (especially), Paul, Peter, Susanna Wesley, so many others who had their plates FULL yet they were used so greatly by God. 
I have found that if there is one thing a busy mom can do right now, to be used more by God and get more involved in what He is doing in the world...it is commit to and maintain a daily quiet time. I wake up early, 4 or 5 am, every morning, and spend about three hours alone with God, praying, reading the Bible, writing the blog, etc. What I have found is that He is so faithful to give me the energy I need during the rest of the day. 
We serve a super God...the same God of Moses, Paul, Elijah, George Washington, Jim Elliot...I think we sometimes forget the help that God promises to provide if we will step out in faith, admit our weaknesses and trust Him to lead.  
This blog idea just would not leave me...for 7 months I put if off but now I am so glad I have begun. It is a lot of work and not that many people read it but God spoke to my heart awhile back about this, basically saying, "you are writing this blog out of obedience to Me. I asked you to do it so don't worry about how many people read it. Just keep obeying me and writing what I put on your heart. I will take care of the results." 
I think that is a message for you too Jeana! Obey His call on your life about trafficking. Share the message with those who hear and pray for other moms' (and dads also) hearts to be open. Only God can grow passion in a believer for something that is near and dear to His heart. Missions and human trafficking definitely fall into those categories. We are planting the seeds of information...God causes them to grow.  
I admire what you are doing and you have encouraged me! Sometimes I get frustrated and sad when I read my friends' Facebook pages or emails and it seems that so many are consumed by day-to-day living and not looking beyond their immediate life. But only God can cause us to look up to Him and get passionate and excited for things beyond ourselves. And often it's through the valleys where we begin to look beyond ourselves (I know that was true with me!).  
Whew...I've gone on and on. I wish we had gotten to know each other better while in Korea but we can grow our friendship over the distance! Our thoughts and prayers are with you, James and your precious children. I pray we will be able to worship together again someday! We miss Korea!"


I pray that if there is something that God is growing in you...something you are becoming passionate about, whether it is missions or another area, don't be afraid to step out in faith and obey God. We are all His instruments. It is not by our strength, but by His. God bless you my friends!

No comments: